Where to buy
Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
Wright’s Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix 500g
Vegetable Oil 60ml (4 tbsps)
Plain Chocolate 200g
Double Cream 225ml
Orange Candied Peel to decorate
Method (Makes 1 cake – 12 portions)
1. Pierce the orange with a skewer right through the centre.
2. Place the whole unpeeled orange in a pan and cover with water and boil for 30 minutes until soft.
3. Discard the water and allow to cool, chop and whizz the whole orange in a food processor until smooth.
4. Place the processed orange, water, oil and cake mix into a bowl and beat for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth batter.
5. Pour the batter into a well greased and pre-lined 22.5cm cake tin.
6. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F Gas Mark 4) for 50-55 minutes until firm to the touch.
7. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin and placing onto a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Bring the double cream to boil in a small pan and then pour over the plain chocolate (broken into lumps first) in a heatproof bowl.
9. Leave for 2 minutes and then stir until smooth. If the ganache appears to be splitting add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water and mix well.
10. Allow to firm up for 1-1½ hours before spreading on top of the cake.
11. Decorate with strips of candied orange peel.