Where to buy
Toffee Cake Mix - Buy 2 get 1 free - whilst stocks last!
Wrights Toffee Cake Mix 500g
Vegetable Oil 60ml
Icing sugar (sifted) 200g
Unsalted Butter 100g
White Chocolate 500g
Vegetable Oil 20ml
Sprinkles of choice to decorate
Method (Makes 30-32)
1. Place the cake mix, water and oil into a bowl and mix to form a smooth batter beating for 1-2 minutes.
2. Place into a lined loaf tin.
1. Bake in a lower half of a pre-heated oven 170 °C (340°F, Gas Mark 3-4) for approximately 55-60 minutes.
3. Allow to cool completely before using.
4. Crumble the cake either by rubbing with your hands or using a food processor.
5. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the butter and beat until smooth and creamy for about 4-5 minutes with and electric whisk or machine.
6. Add the buttercream to the cake crumbs and mix well till evenly combined.
7. Squeeze a tablespoon of the mixture together and form a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture until all used up.
8. Refrigerate for 30 minues until firm.
9. Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and melt over simmering water, then add the oil and mix well.
10. Dip the end of a lolly stick into the chocolate to cover about 2cm (¾”) then insert into a cake ball. Repeat with the remaining sticks, melted chocolate and cake balls.
11. Place into the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set.
12. To decorate, dip each cake pop into the chocolate and gently tap to remove the excess chocolate.
13. Sprinkle with the decoration and insert cake pops into a polystyrene block or something similar to keep them upright until set.