Where to buy
Madeira Cake Mix
Wrights Madeira Cake Mix 500g
Pineapple Juice 250ml
Vegetable Oil 60ml
Pineapple Chunks 227g tin (Drained and chopped)
Desiccated Coconut 100g
Rum 18 Tablespoon
Icing sugar (Sifted) 300g
Unsalted Butter (Softened) 400g
Creamed Coconut (Softened) 100g
Fresh Pineapple ¼
Honey 2 Tablespoon
Desiccated coconut (Toasted) 100g
Method (Makes 18)
1. Place the cake mix, pineapple juice and oil into a bowl and mix to form a smooth batter beating for 1-2 minutes.
2. Stir in the chopped pineapple and coconut.
3. Line 2 standard 12 hole muffin tray tin with 18 muffins cases.
4. Divide the mixture between the 18 muffin cases
5. Bake in a preheated oven 180°C (360°F, Gas Mark 5) for 20-25 minutes until firm to the touch.
6. Pierce each cupcake several times with a skewer and drizzle over 1 tablespoon of rum onto each cupcake.
7. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
8. Cut the pineapple into 3 long wedges. Place on a lined baking tray and drizzle over the over the honey.
9. Place under the grill under a medium heat until caramelised.
10. Beat the creamed coconut and butter together until very soft and then add the icing sugar.
11. Beat until smooth and creamy for about 4-5 minutes with an electric whisk or machine. Do not over beat or the mixture may become runny.
12. Spread the topping onto each of the cupcake. Dip the cupcakes into the coconut covering the sides of the topping.
13. Cut each wedge of pineapple into 6 pieces and place a piece in the middle of each cupcake.