Where to buy
Premium White Bread Mix
500g Wrights Premium White bread mix
320ml Warm Water
100g Self Raising Flour mixed to a smooth paste with 38ml of red food colouring made up to 100ml with cold water for crosses.
MAKING BY HAND
- This recipe makes 8 - 10 good sized rolls. A smaller quantity of rolls can be made by using half a pack of mix and half the quantity of water stated.
- Add the 320ml of warm water make up the dough following the instructions on the pack.
- Divide the dough into 8 - 10 pieces and mould into balls.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Remould the pieces and place on a greased baking trays ensuring they are in straight lines to make the piping of the crosses easier.
- Prove in a warm place for 35-40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a fine nozzle (1-1.5mm) pipe the red crosses carefully on the proved buns.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C (425°F Gas Mark 7) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.