Where to buy
Farmhouse Wholemeal Bread Mix
- Wright's Wholemeal Bread Mix 500g
- Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons
- Caster Sugar 1 tablespoon
- Egg ( ½ to use as egg wash) 1 medium
- Warm Water 280ml
- Grated Cheese 8 tablespoons
METHOD (Makes 24)
Using 4 tablespoons of the grated cheese, mix all the above ingredients to form a well developed dough.
Mould into a ball, cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and and rest for 10 minutes.
Roll out to a 30 x 45cm (12 x 18 inch) sheet. Egg wash and sprinkle with 4 further tablespoons of grated cheese. Fold in half to form a 30cm x 22.5(12 x 9 inch) piece.
4. Roll out to 30 x 30cm (12 x 12 inches) sheet. Egg wash and sprinkle with grated cheese, coarse salt or sesame seeds as desired.
5. Cut into 1.5cm (½ inch ) strips . Twist and place well apart on greased baking trays.
6. Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and prove in a warm place for 30-40 minutes until doubled in size.
7. Remove cover before baking at 230°C, (450°F, Gas Mark 8) for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.