Where to buy
Cheddar Cheese & Onion Bread Mix
Wright's Cheese & Onion Bread Mix 500g
Warm Water 310ml
Vegetable Oil 2 tablespoons
Oregano (dried) 1 teaspoon
Chopped Onion 50g
Chopped Mushroom 50g
Chopped Bacon 100g
Olive Oil 1 tablespoon
Tomato Puree 3 tablespoons
1 Beef Tomato
Grated Cheese 150g
METHOD (Makes 12)
- Using Filling (1), fry the ingredients in the olive oil until cooked. Stand to one side to cool.
- Using the ingredients indicated under "dough", make up a well developed dough. Divide into 12 equal pieces and mould into balls. Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll each ball out to a 10 - 11cm (4 - 4.5 inch) disc. Place on a greased baking tray.
- Spread each with an equal amount of tomato puree (Filling 2). Then top each with and equal amount of the cooled bacon mixture.
- Slice the beef tomato (Filling 3) into 12 discs. Place 1 disc on top of each mini pizza.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese (Filling 4) evenly over each mini pizza.
- Cover with a damp tea towel; lightly oiled plastic or polythene and prove in a warm place for 30 - 35 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Remove the cover and bake in a preheated oven at 220°C, (425°F, Gas Mark 7) for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Taking care because the melted cheese will be extremely hot, transfer the baked pizzas onto a cooling wire and cool completely.
- THIS RECIPE WAS BASED ON AN IDEA FROM HOME BAKING CLUB MEMBER, MRS. J. BEAVERSTOCK OF PONTYPOOL, GWENT