Where to buy
Carrot Cake Mix
- Wright's Carrot Cake Mix 500g
White bread flour 20g
- Orange Mandarin Segments 150g
- Vegetable Oil 60ml
- Water/juice from mandarins 180ml
- Orange flavour or extract 1 teaspoon
- WATER ICING
Icing Sugar 150g
- Orange juice 5 - 6 teaspoons
- Orange peel
METHOD - (Makes 1).
MAKING BY HAND:
Using the ingredients listed above for the "Cake", mix all of the ingredients together to form a batter by hand and deposit into a well greased or lined baking tray/sheet approx. 25 x 17.5 cm(10 x 7 inches).
- Bake in the oven at 160-165ºC (320-330ºF) Gas Mark 4-41/2 for around 45 - 55 minutes until baked. Allow to cool.
- Using the ingredients listed for the water icing, blend together in a bowl the icing sugar and orange juice using a spoon.
- Cover the top fo the cake with the water icing and finish with some sprinkled grated orange peel, if desired.
USING A BREADMAKER:
Using the ingredients listed above for "cake", place all wet ingredients first followed by the Carrot Cake mix, in your bread making machine pan and start the cake programme.
- If you do not have a cake programme, leaving the paddle in the pan, go to the basic cycle to mix but stop the machine after 15 - 20 minutes. Turn off the machine via the plug or press reset then switch the machine to the bake cycle and bake for a minimum of 1 hour and 10 minutes - maximum of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- After baking, leave the cake in the machine for a further 10 minutes before tipping out.
- When cooled, decorate as above or as desired.